Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

Upcoming Events!!!

Discussion in 'Path of Exile' started by Agamemnus, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    It's a long time overdue, but we're getting some PoE events happening. We did do a bunch of races last year but never took it further. Hoping to have some of these happening by the 28th March for our first run!!!

I'm looking for suggestions on events to run! Please reply with your ideas!!!

We want events to have these qualities:
    1. Unknown number of players, from 4 to 20 needs to be manageable.
    2. Fairness. It's no good if people who are lvl 90 or have bought gear get an advantage over others. The simple fact is that would generally mean the person who has the most time wins. "Who can get the highest level in a week" is not a fair challenge to people with kids and jobs.
    3. Quick games are good games. Ideally an event will go from 1 to 3 hours, possibly more on special occasions.
    4. Some entertainment value in terms of streaming or recording.
    5. Rewards system for Unreal Credits.
    6. Teamplay is always good. 3v3v3 is better than 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1.

So here's my existing ideas on some events.

1 - Hardcore race from the start.

The basic default race type in PoE where players spawn a new character and get as much XP as they can before the time runs out. Dying ends your run and whatever XP you had is it.

Possible modifiers:
    • Party play, do it in teams!!!
    • Specific class requirements.
    • Targets instead of XP. For example: first to kill Merveil.

2 - End-Game map challenge.

Players select a character and link their profile the day of the event. Then, based on the power of the profiles, captains will be chosen who will then select their team mates in turns. Once the team selection is complete, a map pool will be used like MOBA games pick heros in Draft style. Each team will take turns selecting maps. It's then a race to clear your team's maps with a screenshot of the TAB map overlay and /remaining to prove it!

Possible modifiers:
    • The map pool can have bans as well as picks.
    • Each team gets to select maps for the ENEMY team for more variety.
    • Leaguestones for added flavour.

What do you guys think???

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bfea

Bfea New Member

Unreal Credits:
    I'm keen. I would like to see 2 parties race with new characters to see how far they can get before the time runs out.

3. Micromoo

Micromoo Banned

Unreal Credits:
    I'm keen when i'm around