Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

The Division Mega Info Thread

Discussion in 'The Division' started by sycoinc, Feb 18, 2016.

Tags:
?

Will you Play?

1. Yeah!

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. Nah!

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    The Division Mega Info Thread

Tom Clancy's The Division is an online open world third person shooter role playing game based in New York in a mid-crysis event.

You can play solo or as a team of up-to 4 players within the Open PVE world and then enter the Dark Zone (PvP area) of the game to battle it out and extract high level gear with a big risk and reward aspect.

Who is Playing
    See this section of this thread for a list of people who are playing from uA. Contact Pointy to get added to it
    uA Player List

What is the Dark Zone
    The Dark Zone is a PVP area of the game that is sectioned off from the map, it is contaminated with whatever virus has rocked New York and is where you get some of the best loot in the game.

You can enter in teams of up-to 4 players in a group and come against up to 64 human players inside this zone at one time (instanced servers). Your goal is to kill the NPC's inside the zone to get loot drops and then extract this by calling in a helicopter at drop zones to extract your contaminated goods.

You are able to kill other human players, but with this you will become Rogue and be marked on the map and lose more gear, xp and dark zone money if killed.

Killing rogues gives you extra experience, can loot their items if they have any and does NOT mark you as Rogue.

How do I become a Rogue?
    If you kill or wound a player past a set percentage of their health you earn the rogue status, this status gives you a timer and marks you on the map and other players will be able to hunt you down for more points when they kill you. Once your timer expires you leave rogue status.. If you shoot or start getting shot as a rogue your timer pauses until you are out of combat or dead.

IGN Video Preview

#1 sycoinc, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    I am IN! Might be available late Fri night - then sporadically through the weekend.
    How long does the Open Beta last?

And why Skype but not TS?

3. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    I have no idea why i said skype lol, meant steam or uplay lol been a long day... and starts at about 8pm NSW time on friday and ends sometime at night sunday / early monday or something.

4. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Cool - Like I said, I should be on late late tonight... So I expect you'll be close to max level by then. But maybe we can hit up the two instances on hard then rule some DZ

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Beta launches 11pm AEDT tonight

6. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Recorded 3h 10 min of gameplay with Rompi, Pistol and Jetleet (he wasnt there all the time)... gonan piece it together for the action and fighting and upload it so my channel sometime.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SeaGrunter

SeaGrunter Public Relations/Sunday Funday
    Unreal Officer Division Leader

Unreal Credits:
    After playing it, did anyone feel like they were playing Destiny again?
    That got very grindy, very quickly. Hopefully there are events and stuff, that would be cool.

8. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Hoping so think onve they unlock everything more to do

9. ObsceneDream

ObsceneDream New Member

Unreal Credits:
    Do any of you that have played the beta have any reviews of it? I like the look and the style of play but it looks a little the same (Yes I know it's not a full release). I Imagine that the Dark Zone is going to be very dominated by snipers too.

My biggest fear for it, is that it will die very quickly?

10. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    All million dollar questions!!!! I quite like it, but I too am afraid it might become 'same same' after a while. I havent heard much word for end-game content, which makes me a bit nervous.

The combat isnt too bad. But not very hard either. The two 'dungeons' featured in the Betas weren't much challenge to roll through.

The DZ isnt dominated by snipers, but make sure you run in a group! They have a little balance to do anyway (since Open Beta). - need to get the benefits/risks a bit more balanced for Rogue Status.

11. ObsceneDream

ObsceneDream New Member

Unreal Credits:
    Just thought with all the hiding behind things. Needing to go to theses pre-designated extraction points. That two people positioned on either side or right angles would be able to get clear shots on your team. Or people calling friendly then using a shotgun point blank.

Even with Rouge status, does that get applied to your team or just the people who meet the requirements for it? If it is only the one member of a team, the others sit up the front whilst the person marked sits in a corner getting marked and getting the Intel from the others where the hunters approach from.

What loot drops when you die in there? And what exactly happens when you die?

12. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    I loved it, the beta didn't offer much hence why I expect most reviewers didn't rate it highly.. as we didn't have many skills, only see 2 types of mobs, no crafting, limited weapons and that all made it feel as if it was just a grind to get max level and points in dark zone...

I personally think it will be great, BUT at the same time think that its a game where people will play for a few months, stop and then wait for the expansions and new content then play again.. UNLESS they have weekly events and good repeatable end game content.

I will be playing it as a main / alt game until Legion comes out for WoW but it be my main rpg/shooter.

The Rogue system in your team marks your whole team as rogue if one player goes rogue, with the extraction points, there normally is enough cover to keep away from ppl going rogue and you dont have to shoot up the flare for the choppa in the middle as can position it near cover, the loot that drops is the loot you PICK UP, if you have a full bag it randomly chooses 2-4 of the 6 items in the loot bag u holding if not rogue and upto 6 if you are rogue... but sometimes marks some as private (meaning only you can pick it up again)

When you die you get to choose a safehouse location to spawn in can be .2 km - 3km from locations or more... believe later game may be a res option in your perks a team member could do as it looked as if it could happen after the 20-30s period where ppl can heal you before you actually die.

13. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Seems there is $6.99 paid cosmetic items in the store already, 2 x military types of cosmetic gear... gam is active as of about 12pm Sydney time as gone through the intro

14. DiggaDan

DiggaDan New Member

Unreal Credits:
    Bought it, downloading it, keen for it!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Claymore

Claymore Administrator
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    I'm in! If I can be :emoji_slight_smile: Loving it so far!

16. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Just hop in the TS when you see ppl, make your self known as we normally (as of launch) have 2 groups going... we try and have ppl of similar level going together... some of us have characters we play by ourselves so the ones we group up don't get ahead of those we were with.

check out the friend thread to see who you can add so can easily group.

17. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
  18. Claymore

Claymore Administrator
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Any idea on how to link your uPlay accoutn with your Steam account? I didn't buy it through Steam :(
    Thanks!

19. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Idk if there is a manual way but i always launched any ubisoft game (recent ones) from steam and it links it all, if not just add the division as a external game to steam so ppl can see you are in it.

20. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    So was looking on my UPLAY account on their website and came across stats of progression, kills and stuff for all my friends on uplay for the Division... here are some screenshots (as of midday the 13th March)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]