Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

Patch PTR Patch Notes and News 22/3/16

Discussion in 'Heroes of the Storm' started by Nitrosol, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Nitrosol

Nitrosol New Member

Unreal Credits:
    Massive patch hitting the PTR today.
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20060107

Very interesting set of changes, here are some highlights.
    • New hero Dehaka, a Starcraft warrior that appears to have an emphasis on ganking.
    • New Map, Lost Caverns, intended for custom games to function as an All Mid map (one lane, no hearthing).
    • Death Recap
    • New hotkey system support.
    • New hero league pick/ban system.
    • Massive overhauls for several heroes.
    • Illidan receives a large talent clean up, largely remains the same game play wise but quite a bit more interesting. A personal highlight is the novel 20 upgrade to the hunt now causing Illidan to have permanent vision over enemies with 25% or less health.
    • Kael'thas has a large rework. Chain bomb is now part of living bomb and requires no talent to spread. Arcane barrier is now part of mana addict. Seems to be designed to scale hard into the late game and have a weak early game. No longer is Kael'thas going to really be able to invest directly into a single ability to improve due to a talent tier consisting only of Living Bomb augments. Fun highlights include a talent giving verdant spheres an extra charge, and at level 20 a talent that causes chain bomb to chain infinitely.
    • Tychus is now a tank busting assassin. His attack speed is new always fast and requires no minigun spin up. His trait is now active, causing his attacks to do %max hp damage. Due to no longer having a wind up effect, his E is merely a dash, level 1 talents add new functionality to it. Several other sources of %max hp damage are present in his talents, such as on a redesigned Sizzlin Attacks and on an grenade augmentation.
    • Gazlowe has received some love to his talents. His turrets are larger range by default and Robo Goblin now has an active effect to target turrets manually. Seven new talent highlights include the ability to summon scrap on demand and to cause your turrets to fire their own mini Deth Lazor. The largest changes are on basic skills, turret now has 2 charges by default and the cool down reduction on picking up scrap has been increased from triple rate to quadruple (quintuple with a level 1 talent) rate for 3 seconds.
    • Sylvanas has received a large rework. Possession is no longer a heroic, and is instead available at level 7 as an active talent. In its place is a new Heroic Mind Control, allowing Sylvanas to temporarily high jack an enemy's movement. Other talent highlights include buffs to aggressive talents affecting her E and removal of her ability to render more than one enemy vulnerable with Cold Embrace.
    • And of course, the most important changes: New voice lines for Li Ming where she calls out her kill streaks, and Murky's block talent has been renamed to "Fishtank".
    Overall looks like a very interesting patch, I'm very excited for the Sylvanas, Tychus and Kael'thas changes personally and I'm intrigued by the addition of several effects on talents that cause effects to stack up until a threshold, at which point the effect increases substantially further (present on Kael'thas and Illidan, in particular, from level 1) and many new stacking effects added in general this patch, including on Dehaka and Tychus.

What does everyone think?

#1 Nitrosol, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    All changes make my Jaina harder to play... booooo
    lol

3. SeaGrunter

SeaGrunter Public Relations/Sunday Funday
    Unreal Officer Division Leader

Unreal Credits:
    It does look good. Enough to give Tychus another good crack!

4. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    These are some pretty massive changes - I reckon the mind control will become OP really quickly. And push the meta to include a cleanse.
    Illidan will be a pain in the butt with his vision.

5. SeaGrunter

SeaGrunter Public Relations/Sunday Funday
    Unreal Officer Division Leader

Unreal Credits:
    Good news?
    "Ranked play now requires that players have access to at least 14 Heroes who have reached Level 5 or higher in order to participate."

6. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Hmmm - I don't know if even I have that many!
    This helps : "Weekly free-to-play rotation Heroes that have reached Level 5 or higher now count toward the minimum Hero requirement, and can also be selected for play in ranked games"

Also
    Most HL games are already toxic before they start - this will be a certain new type of 'fun'

#6 Pointy, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    They removed Bolt of the Storm from Jaina - and replaced it with Ice Block

Zeebs didn't get buffed...

8. Micromoo

Micromoo Banned

Unreal Credits:
    Going to be a huge patch, my background download is already done, but it looks like it'll shake things up for sure!

9. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    After playing a decent amount of games with this patch, I feel like I can better reply to this.

Dehaka seems kind of gimmicky. He is great in theory but the range of his tongue grab and the casting delay on it severely limits his gank potential. He seems to need a team that is built around him to succeed.
    Lost Caverns is good fun, it makes you think in different ways depending on how many people are in the matchup.
    FINALLY. This is great to see where you could have potentially dodged damage and also lets you figure out how you got blown up in 0.1 seconds.
    Haven't checked this out yet.
    Illidan feels a lot more powerful now and is picked nearly every single game. He still falls flat without a solid support at his back though, but later on he can still easily 1v2.
    Kael seems really interested, I haven't played him since the patch but he seems more interesting from an opponents perspective with his many different stacking talents. He doesn't seem to be as bursty on a single target due to no double living bomb.
    They can't seem to get Tychus right, ever since alpha. His win rate is still 42.6% and he has even gone down in popularity 4%. I haven't played him to see how he goes but he does seem slightly more powerful.
    Gazlowe is still one of my favourite heroes. These buffs are welcome additions although a number of things still need to happen for you to have a successful Gazlowe (how I play him at least - pushing):
    • A solid team of 4 which can attract the other team's attention to allow Gazlowe time to push.
    • Turret and scrap build is most effective when being offensive. You get the dropped scrap from the enemy minions but you ALSO get scrap from every single structure that is destroyed (including walls). This allows you to get 7 or so turrets up.
    Mind Control is hilarious and effective. Silence may be great to stop wombos, but Mind Control, if used correctly, almost guarantees you a kill, especially with the 20 storm talent. Sylvanas needed a new heroic pretty desperately as the choice was always obvious.