Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

Game Prison Architect Mods

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by SeaGrunter, Jul 26, 2016.

1. SeaGrunter

SeaGrunter Public Relations/Sunday Funday
    Unreal Officer Division Leader

Unreal Credits:
    Ok. Pretty lame I know, but I like playing Prison Architect. It is a fun little strategy game where you run and operate a prison, trying to make money and rehabilitate prisoners. I play it to veg out while watching Netflix or watching university lectures on pretty easy settings, just to cruise through. I also like turning everything on and challenging myself with it as well. In Prison Architect, you take take a range of prisoners from minimum security all the way up to death row and each level has their challenges. It haven't really got to an end game, but I'm not really sure if there is one (like a real business I guess). I have tried lots of mods on and off and thought I would go through some for Prison Architect.

Just a disclaimer!! I wouldn't buy this game at full price. I don't $29.99 love it, but I do like a bit of a discount. (Read: I am a sucker for steam sales. Here is a gif of me)
    [​IMG]

List of Mods Reviews!
    The Greater Reform Mod (to come this week)

2. SeaGrunter

SeaGrunter Public Relations/Sunday Funday
    Unreal Officer Division Leader

Unreal Credits:
    The Greater Reform Mod
    LINK TO MOD

First cab off the rank for the Prison Architect Mod Review is The Greater Reform Mod. This adds some extra ways that you can reform your prisoners and add a bit of depth to the game. It adds a lot of functionality to the game, through extra research, with different rooms and activities. I'll start off with trying the Hair Dressing Class and then work my way through the other activities.

[​IMG]

So I first made a space for some of these new rooms. I am testing these mods in a new prison, starting with Med Sec and then I am building up to SuperMax and Death Row. Get all of the money! Anyway, I'll start with these four rooms and work my way through the different programs. (And yes, I did build all those pipes in the wrong place)

[​IMG]

So the salon where the class will take place needs to have a salon table, a bench and a table. Workers brought in that all important hair product. All making sense so far.

[​IMG]

So now I schedule the program, and need a teacher. Fair enough I guess... So I hire a Hair Dresser...

[​IMG]

...who is a needy staff member. She needs an office, just like the Warden!

[​IMG]

Walking those 20m to your office was hard, I'm sure. (I'll stop)

[​IMG]

During the first class, no one had turned up. So I got another salon table installed and rescheduled the program to add an extra spot. Ready to go for another day!

[​IMG]

People turned up this time! It did take a while for them to arrive at the class, but I think that has more to do with prison logistics rather than the mod. Both inmates failed the class. So I'm going to run with it for a few more days and then move on to the next rehab programs. I like it so far, I does add something different to the the game. But I feel if you were running all of the programs, that would be a lot of offices required for all of the staff. Maybe and open floor-plan office would make a good mod for the future??

I like it so far, and I'll keep adding to this post as I work my way through the mod!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Looks like a good time killer game. Let me know when is on sale. Is there multiplayer?

4. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    the mods for some of these games are amazing, lots of time from the community.