Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

Food Pointy, iBrez and Ag review food (4) - F.A.T. (Fried and Tasty)

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Pointy, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Hello,

Rotation four of the desirable food excursions of Pointy, iBrez, and Agamemnus witnessed an iBrez-less delve into Lygon Street (we missed you buddy). Our target: the ultimate FAT experience - in both name and cuisine.

Restaurant 4 - F.A.T. Fried And Tasty - 02.01.17
    The full crew: @Pointy, @Agamemnus (+1), @SeaGrunter, @Fenix, @Bfea
    What we ordered:
    Main/Sides:
    Pointy: The Double / Poutine
    Ag:
    Drinks:
    Pointy: Fat Yak
    Ag:

Summary
    Pointy says:
    After the Rockwell and Sons chicken burger experience (here), my knowledge of what constitutes a high quality chicken burger had been lifted dramatically.
    And FAT could not quite achieve this lofty target. Though not average in anyway, the small differences where what held back the FAT efforts. The chicken was slightly overcooked, loosing some of the moistness required to adequately relish the full burger taste. Coupled with the "not bad but not particularly entertaining" FAT sauce, the overall experienced was tidy yet not supreme.
    The Poutine was fairly standard fare, as expected, but easily duplicated at any side-road tuck shop.
    The Fat Yak was, as always, a tasty beverage.
    The environs were open plan with large windows, sparsely furnished. Sort of felt a bit empty. No table service is available, meaning we all had to self serve bottled drinks and pay at the register before waiting for our food delivery.
    The first analogy that comes to mind for the overall vibe is that it feels like a half-way house between KFC and a restaurant. The other is "Hipster-KFC"
    For the price paid (which to be fair was reasonable) I'd still be putting my moolah into R&Sons.
    Do I sound un-enthusiastic?.. probably cos I am.

iBrez says:
    I didn't come.

Ag says:
    TBA

Ratings
    Pulled Prok Slider: None on menu :(
    Mains: P-6/10, A- x/10
    Sides: P-5/10, A- x/10

Would we recommend: Yes.. but only if you're in the neighbourhood

2. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Myself and Hun Bun shared in a fairly large selection...

Hun Bun got the hot wings. I thought they were a little overcooked as @Pointy says above. They were EXTREMELY hot, even @Fenix had a bit of trouble trying to stop himself from panting. The spice was tasty though too hot for me to really enjoy. 4/10

Poutine was pretty good, although the chips were nicely cooked and seasoned well enough to have been great on their own. The addition of gravy and cheese would be perfect for a hangover, but for a regular dinner I'd recommend just getting the chips on their own. I give them 9/10.

Chicken Ribs were OK but not fantastic. Cooked better than the hot wings but the BBQ sauce was pretty average. 6/10

We got some Jim Beam & Coke in a bottle which was the norm for what it is. But more importantly I got a Milo milkshake which was great! 7/10

Finally onto the burger. I got a double like Pointy did but I LOVED it. Excellent quantity for a guy like me, heavy on the chicken & cheese, medium on the salad and light on the bun. I thought the sauce went well with the chicken seasoning and cheese and my chicken was cooked perfectly. This burger, for it's price was sensational. 100% would order again. 10/10

Double Burger
    Poutine
    Hot Wings
    Chicken Ribs
    Milo Shake
    JB & Coke

Yes, I do in fact eat that much and it felt great all down in my belly.

For the main I give 10/10 but the sides only a 5/10 though the average is closer to 6, considering the shake is what really made it for the sides, they don't deserve better than a 5 combined.

Hopefully we see comments from @SeaGrunter, @Fenix and @Bfea... Might try to get Hun Bun in on it.

3. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    Love the reviews guys. I want to start seeing some photos/videos coming through though :p