Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

PAX 2017 Planning Committee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boohbeh, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Boohbeh

Boohbeh Member

Unreal Credits:
    Hello Everyone!

Some of you may know me, some not. I am not super active in the uA community but I am an avid gamer, cosplayer and I love PAX.

Last year's PAX was awesome, there was a great presence of uA members and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I want to make sure we have another successful PAX this year and have even more fun than last year; thus I want to put together a planning committee for the Friday night, Saturday night and even Sunday night events.

I know we wing it sometimes when we're down there, but it would be great to have at least two solid nights of uA time. Karaoke was awesome last year, but super busy in the venue. Would be awesome to be able to book out a venue this year with all uA members coming along for a fun night of drinks and ridiculous singing, or if you have another idea then shoot off.

And of course the big dinner on Saturday night, which was excellent last year.

I just want people's ideas and have a solid few people to make decisions for the community so that we can enjoy our time together.

Let me know what you think! :emoji_slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Ellyn or Boohbeh

• Like Like x 3
    • Admin Like Admin Like x 1
  2. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    I'm not much of a committee person, but if you need specific help from somebody in Melb let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  3. romiras

romiras WoW Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    I'm really not a committee person either But for those that are, I loved the awards! Obviously there are going to be some main stays like most bans and most helpful admin but We should think of some cool things to vote On/ dob people in for

• Like Like x 3
  4. Reddx

Reddx New Member

Unreal Credits:
    I'll most likely be attending with my Hammy and my partner if i go maybe meet up if we get a chance

• Like Like x 3
  5. Boohbeh

Boohbeh Member

Unreal Credits:
    That's cool Ag! Input from Melbournian's is appreciated! I am just an event planning type of person so these sort of things are what I do best

6. Boohbeh

Boohbeh Member

Unreal Credits:
    Yeah those awards were awesome last year! I'm sure the admins can put a poll up for people to add more categories to it. I'm hoping to get more involved with the community, since I'm only involved during PAX

7. Kroaken

Kroaken New Member

Unreal Credits:
    Like Ag, I am happy to give local's advice on the happenings in Melbourne.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love It! Love It! x 1
  8. BFG001

BFG001 New Member

Unreal Credits:
    Hi all,
    Some know me as BFG001 from hots but call me Dave, from Melbourne here..
    been brainstorming some ideas. I have a few ideas to keep us UA's entertained, one of them are called Escape Rooms, i'm sure they're all over Australia but Melbourne is known for the hardest Missions to complete, They just opened the vArcade which is a virtual reality arcade in South Melbourne and Fitzroy run by ERM. supposed to be DOPE!!~.
    the Rooms are scattered throughout Melbourne and i'm sure we can find a Karaoke bar nearby for drinks and laughs at the people who struggle to accomplish the missions and sing their heads off.
    http://www.escaperoom.com.au/
    ~~Check it out~~

Next idea is called Zero Latency
    It is a Virtual Reality Gaming Ground which includes Free Roam and Multiplayer options, everyones dream to conquer a zombie apocalypse and even better to do it as an UA team!
    https://www.zerolatencyvr.com/
    ~~Don't forget about that one~~

Third but not LAST!! is the Forgotten Worlds, Australia's First Arcade Bar in Melbourne!!!
    Arcade games from the 80s and 90s are a wonderful thing. There are no prizes involved, you don't have to dance around to play them, and most of the time there is room on them to rest your beer. Unfortunately they never served beer at Timezone, so luckily Forgotten Worlds is here to pick up the slack.
    http://forgottenworldsarcade.ozeats.com.au/
    ~~bringing back games before my time, yes please!!~~

Lucky Last and this one is for all you PAX and Cosplay Fanatics and not to mention heavy drinkers we have a pub/club in Melbourne which every week they hold a different anime theme, and the Interior Layout is fricken awesome!! its called BETA BAR!
    I believe Sydney have one but not sure where else so that is another great choice, I have been a DOZEN TIMES and it never fails to doubt me.
    https://www.facebook.com/betabaraus
    ~~ZOMGDRINKSSSSSS o_O ~~

I shall continue to brainstorm some more ideas and events, love to get involved more with UA and love to get to know everyone a bit more, See yall all in the Nexus

~~BFG001

• Like Like x 3
    • Love It! Love It! x 1
  9. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    I most likley will be coming, deciding if i will get down fri morn and leave mon morn or leave fri evening after work

• Like Like x 2
  10. Boohbeh

Boohbeh Member

Unreal Credits:
    love it BFG! I might have to make a spreadsheet of ideas so we can do a poll or make an executive decision on what to do. But I like all your ideas!

11. Micromoo

Micromoo Banned

Unreal Credits:
    So the Karaoke bar (Jankara) we were at last year takes bookings so I could inquire about booking the place out for the Friday, Claymore has also expressed her desire for tequila again so there's a bar in the CBD closer this time.

@BFG001 I took them to Beta Bar in 2015! Bartronica is also a retro games bar and there's another table top bar (can't remember the name atm).

Airbnb is still the best bet for shared accom. Happy to help organise stuff :emoji_grinning:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fenix

Fenix Member

Unreal Credits:
    Great idea Booh, I'm happy to jump on the dinner grenade again, maybe we could organise a scavenger hunt!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love It! Love It! x 1
  13. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    we should make it closer to the convention center if possible, that walk was a pain lol

• Love It! Love It! x 1
  14. romiras

romiras WoW Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    I loved the 2015 karaoke out near the airport but I couldn't really deal with how cramped it was in jankara maybe if I had been plastered I would've been alright but with it being so far from where we stayed I wasn't really comfortable (we were in easy walking distance of Aga's place the first year and I drank a lot )

15. Mufussaa

Mufussaa New Member

Unreal Credits:
    Hosting a PAX after after party at my new bar @ 57 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn (in front of 75 tram stop, next to Hawthorn Station and Night rider bus) ~ within 10km From CBD

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG].

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Admin Like Admin Like x 1
    • Love It! Love It! x 1
  16. Boohbeh

Boohbeh Member

Unreal Credits:
    I had been told about your bar! What night do you want all of us there? :p

17. Mufussaa

Mufussaa New Member

Unreal Credits:
    I'll be at PAX on Saturday dressed as a better Darth Vader than last time ;)

18. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    haha nice!