Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

Overwatch Cybergamer Tournament: We want you!

Discussion in 'Overwatch' started by HesDeadJim, Dec 18, 2017.

1. HesDeadJim

HesDeadJim Member

Unreal Credits:
    Hello there,

I've been chatting to a few of you on discord about the Overwatch Cybergamer tournaments, and figured it's time to bring this up on the forum.

As some of you are aware, Cybergamer hosts a previously very active Overwatch weekly tournament. It's run on Thursdays at 7:30pm AEDT. This weeks one can be viewed here: https://www.cybergamer.com/tournaments/15661/
    In order to run, it needs a minimum of 4 teams signed up. There is a $180 prize pool up for grabs too.
    When I entered it a while back, they had some really nice casters (Including UberShouts), and it was really fun.

Being the Mercy main that I am, I'm trying to resurrect the scene!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've got 6 non-UA people happy to enter (just for fun), I reckon Fussionzz will be able to form a crack team, so we would only need 2 more teams for it to actually run!
    I'm thinking of aiming for the Thursday the 28th of December one.

What do you guys think? Can we make up another 2 teams by then? At one point there were like 40 teams entering it each week, would be great to drum up some competition again. If it does go ahead, hopefully I wont be drafted against Fussionzz team in the first round lol.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. HesDeadJim

HesDeadJim Member

Unreal Credits:
    Also, it doesn't matter what rank you are. Some of the people I'll be bringing in will be silver ranked, so don't feel like you're not good enough or anything like that. Tis just for fun (AND CASH MONEY!)

3. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Pleas please PLEASE make this happen!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. HesDeadJim

HesDeadJim Member

Unreal Credits:
    So, show of hands, who here is keen to enter next Thursday?
    I'm happy to walk you guys through how to signup etc, as it was a mess last time I did it :(
    I can bring in a team of externals, but we will def need more for it to run!

5. FusSionzZ97

FusSionzZ97 Overwatch Officer
    Division Leader Team Captain

Unreal Credits:
    I'll get my team signed up! Do we have 2 other teams interested?

• Like Like x 1
  6. HesDeadJim

HesDeadJim Member

Unreal Credits:
    Not yet, we should be able to rustle up some competitors!

That said, it is now open for signup. I've signed up my old team of ragtaggs just to get the ball rolling, but the roster will be different.
    You can see the site here:
    https://www.cybergamer.com/tournaments/15736/
    That's the official tournament page. Currently has 1 of 4 required teams :p

Can you run through the gauntlet of getting your team on Cybergamer and signing up? If you're in struggle town, I can make a walkthrough, as everyone on you team needs to sign up, and add you as captain to their individual friends lists.... OMG

EDIT: I've been thinking, as a reward for anyone who successfully enters the tournament (that is, signs up, tournament runs, and person enters) I will cut a customised uA decal with your gamer name or similar text on it. It's not going to be amazing, its just a single colour, but you can stick it on you laptop, your car, or your partners forehead. Whatever :p (This is all assuming uA admin is ok with me doing that lol)