Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

Naval Action - Come on in the waters lovely

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeheil, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Jeheil

Jeheil New Member

Unreal Credits:
    #1 Jeheil, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    Looks pretty good @Jeheil but $40 US is pretty steep. can you convince me otherwise? :p

3. Jeheil

Jeheil New Member

Unreal Credits:
    It is early access so it 'has' to be your thing...I got my monies out of it...just had a massive 40 ship v 40 ship battle (Sons of Britain v American gits) and whumped em.....but if money is tight...then I would wait 6 months for it to have more than pretty much...combat...port capture and more combat...with a sniff of basic crafting

4. Azrael

Azrael Member

Unreal Credits:
    I think there isn't much of a tutorial yet, for this game.. but it looks very promising, and the youtube playthroughs are fun to watch.. reminds me of the old Age of Sail, but with better graphics.. definitely will be picking this up, when its a bit more polished :emoji_slight_smile:

5. Jeheil

Jeheil New Member

Unreal Credits:
    There is no tutorial at all. Being early access and lots to be added it's too early for this tiny dev shop to add a tute.

It has solid travel and fight elements. Outside of the menus it looks lovely.

Trading is ok and you can do your own buy or sell contracts.

Crafting is good and vital.

Persistent port capture adds a layer that combine with nationally aligned guilds gives a broader "reason to be".

I'd say it's a year off being broadly complete. There is a lot of time spent sailing and waiting for big battles to kick off. But seeing two fleets of 50/70 ships bringing over a thousand cannons each to bear down is truly epic.

The video above is from a playlist with enough short getting started stuff.

6. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    I'll probably have another look at it in a few months after I've out-Divisioned myself.

7. Jeheil

Jeheil New Member

Unreal Credits:
    And how is Division 'feeling' ?