Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

Complete I challenge Pointy with HotS MMR

Discussion in 'Make a Challenge' started by Agamemnus, Mar 16, 2016.

?

Who will have the highest MMR?

1. Pointy

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Agamemnus

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    ??? You want more, but less?

2. iBrez

iBrez Member

Unreal Credits:
    it was too much

3. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    Click "Unwatch Thread" up the top right of a thread.

Shots have been fired :p

4. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:

Look mate, if it comes down to 2-5 points let's just call it a draw huh? If hotslogs closes down I'll just admit that I couldn't overtake you. Please just whatever you do, stop with the technicalities.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    Sounds like a challenge ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    1000QM games achieved.. Waiting on final HotsLogs calcs

• Like Like x 2
  7. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Looks like 2625 to me?

8. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Tracking post updated

9. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Yeah I've seen it play some tricks too. Sometimes I get upload "success" or "duplicate" on matches that don't show up straight away, but if I reset all uploads and let the uploader go through them all again it fixes it.

10. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Tracking post updated

11. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Tracking post updated

12. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    TLDR: This challenge is now finished with Agamemnus as the winner.

Profile.jpg

QM History.jpg

In summary:
    • I have reached 1000 QM games with 2812 MMR
    • This happened after the MMR squish in which I lost 200 points, yet I made no excuses.
    • My MMR at this time is higher than Pointy's MMR ever has been, ever.
    I hereby declare myself winner of this challenge and would very much appreciate a Medal.

I'm looking forward to when Pointy returns from Canada so I can properly do to him what he would do to me:
    I would also like to remind Pointy of the context in which he said this:

• Admin Like Admin Like x 1
  13. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    Kudos to you @Agamemnus, it took the better part of a year but you got there in the end :p Now we want to see that HL MMR go up ;)

14. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Thanks @Nakid I appreciate the kind words. Please consider yourself forgiven for voting Pointy to win this challenge.

While I'm on that subject, I'd like to thank @Aadra and @Dante for voting for me too, while issuing a waring to @iBrez to watch his back.

15. iBrez

iBrez Member

Unreal Credits:
    I am 0/10 concerned

• True Story True Story x 1
  16. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    You play a good game iBrez but the day will come where we're on opposite teams.

17. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Well played AGAMEMNUS. You are truly one of the great uA gamers. I salute you and your ability.
    I always believed you had great capabilities, and now you have broken the harness of your early form underachieving. I mean, surely as the only player within uA to have a gameplay tactic named specifically after them, your MMR at that stage could not have been a true indication of your talent.
    I guess I'm saying is that my challenge was actually a gift to you. A subtle method of drawing out your best. By gently irritating your competitive nature, I figured you would make stronger efforts to reach your peak. So its with great pride that I welcome you to the upper echelons of HotS players.
    I will admit, I was concerned I had laid out a challenge too great, and that fear had driven you into an elongated absence. And I can tell you I definitely breathed a long sigh of relief when you returned.
    As you inferred in your post, you took the 200 point MMR hit in stride, not complaining. But you shouldn't sell your self short Ag. NO SIR! Your silent humility stretches MUCH further than that!!! We also didn't hear much from you as you battled away through Season 2 now earning +/- values of greater than 50, allowing you to gain more MMR in one game which may have taken 10 games before the squish. And not once did I hear a single grumble from you as you wiped out your mammoth 200 point drop with +105 and +94 point games on the first two games back. I must say, that your humble nature is something that we can all truly learn from.

I can safely say that WITHOUT EVER ANY DOUBT, that you are truly not only just a great player, but an even greater human being.

So kudos to you, you've earned your badge via the only method I aspire to: "The Agamemnus Method"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    The pang of sarcasm in your words is only to be expected. I wanted to wait to hear you in my ears before I started but I don't believe I can ignore this ammo you're handing me willingly!

This is true. But you wouldn't know why. See below for the explaination.

Yep, that tactic helped get my MMR higher than yours has ever been. You should try it out. I can offer lessons if you need help mastering it.

It was my challenge, to you, which you tip toed around for days before finally accepting after declaring I would want to get off on a technicality.

I had confidence I would wipe the floor with you sweet sweet ass since before I made the first post, challenging YOU to do better. Which you did not.

I would be happy to hear that from Nitro, Trazex or Giga who are in my opinion the top 3 players in uA at the moment. I'd accept it from @Argives, @Nakid or Cocoa because I respect their skill level. I'd be glad to hear it from @Fenix, Micro, Bwake, Bfea or @Claymore because I respect their opinion. But you? Where are you getting your "pride" from here man? Whatever "club" you think you're welcoming me into I don't want in because it's probably full of people who have played more than me but still get sat on in challenges after reluctantly accepting them.

You can't welcome me into the upper echelons of HotS players because you aren't in there.

Nope, you were worried I'd beat you on a technicality.

Ah, it appears you don't understand how MMR works. Please feel free to click here for information from Hotslogs. But if that's TLDR for you, I'll try nutshell it all up.

After season 2 I came in with a lower MMR and repeatedly played against people with a higher MMR. Because I WON SO FREQUENTLY I just kept rising and rising until it started to stabilise at a level ABOVE YOURS. You talk about the 105 or 94 point games without realising that if I lost half of my games, my MMR would NEVER have been able to climb SO FAR ABOVE YOURS. There is a reason why I didn't mention it but allow me to do so. You have played 44 games since the Season 2 squish. You have won a measly 16 of them for a win rate of 36%. I won 27 of my first 44 after the same squish for a win rate of 61%. This is the reason why after the squish:
    • I went from 2168 ALL THE WAY UP past 2600 and stayed above it.
    • You went from 2453 ALL THE WAY DOWN below 2300 and stayed underneath it.
    In summary, whether people move by 5 points or by 100 points, they always end up where they belong. So as you can see, you belong beneath me. Make sense?

Your idea of "humble" is as accurate as your idea of "upper echelons" (see above).

Do you even know who you're talking to?

Then my gift to you Pointy, as you gifted me with so much salt, is to reveal the secret of this method to you.

1. Challenge somebody who you know you can beat.
    2. Proceed to beat them.
    3. ........
    4. Profit.

19. Pointy

Pointy HotS Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Fish meet hook.

You may have issued the challenge, but did you control it?
    If you think you did, read the above post. In control of your emotions then?
    I thought not.

The Agamemnus Method.... It reigns supreme..
    You are the best.

Still laughing. Broke up the difficulties of the day.
    Thank-you

20. iBrez

iBrez Member

Unreal Credits:
    the challenge is over but will the dick measuring really ever end?

• True Story True Story x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1