Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

Book First Law by Joe Abercrombie

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Nakid, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    The First Law trilogy is a unique combination of different cultures coming together in war and adventure and Abercrombie is especially good at showing the same scene in a completely different light with each character.

[​IMG]

I'm still reading this series and I'm up to the second book, Before They Are Hanged, so I don't have a final opinion on the series, though I really like the diversity of characters in the series. Those that you would expect to be "heroes" are dandies and those that may have once been heroes are up to some pretty dark shit but have a streak of nobility in them still.

(continued review)

I finished the last half of the second book and also the third book since my initial review. I honestly have to say that although I enjoyed the writing style, the second book bored me. It was a struggle to get through. The tempo picked up a lot in Book 3 and I enjoyed it much more, though I really felt the ending left something to be desired. It wrapped everything up but it all seemed a bit far fetched.

[​IMG]