Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Discussion in 'General Games Discussion' started by Nakid, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    So if you played the original game, you'll be happy to know that DOS2 raised over $2 million USD on Kickstarter and has just now come out on Steam Early Access; you can buy it here for $45 USD.

For those of you who haven't played/heard of Divinity, it is a turn based RPG where combat is performed by using Combat Points which are gained each turn. All abilities have a type and the environment comes into play when using them. This adds a fair bit of strategy to the combat. Is it raining? Use electric type moves. You see a large patch of oil on the ground, you can wait for enemies to run onto it and light it on fire. Their melee units run through it their archers/mages are still hitting you from the other side - put the fire out with a water based move and create a smokescreen so they can't see you.

ss_5697ca595245341eade4bd7f2a70a1362cac4110.jpg ss_c3237e7119e409d4d65b8ff7b3805df8d594add7.jpg

The game, like its predecessor, features beautiful landscapes with lots of detail. The first Act is available on Early Access at the moment and apparently features 8-12 hours worth of gameplay. Act II is soon to follow. One of the big additions to the new game is you can now have 4 players in the game instead of just 2 in the original game (or 4 if you want 2 people to play as henchmen with a mod). Along with the PvE elements of the game, there is now a PvP arena where you can test yourself against your friends. One of the most exciting features from the final Kickstarter stretch goals is a Dungeon Master feature which allows one player to setup a dungeon for their friends to play through. I'm looking forward to delving more into that as it comes out.

ss_c7d81e172855c3b81a58a2a4de2f435477de359a.jpg

The game once again has a deep storyline which you can delve into. There isn't a lot of voice acting in the game yet but I'm sure as it is fleshed out it will be added (much like the first game). This time you can select your race and you have a lot more character customisation options which will affect how NPCs react to you and the overall story for you. I'm not sure how this will influence the story as a whole if you are in the party.

Anyone keen to try it out? I know @Bosl will be on board and I'd say you'll enjoy this @iBrez.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mursaat

Mursaat Officer
    Officer

Unreal Credits:
    How did I miss this!!

3. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    I know, I missed the Kickstarter entirely as well :(

4. Sherdow

Sherdow New Member

Unreal Credits:
    I will certainly be making this purchase some time soon!

5. iBrez

iBrez Member

Unreal Credits:
    if you can guarantee a solid session id be down

6. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    Let's organise a night for it, what nights are you guys free?

7. iBrez

iBrez Member

Unreal Credits:
    probably when ever

• True Story True Story x 1
  8. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    Very specific help as per usual @iBrez :p

What about you @Sherdow and @Mursaat?

9. Bormolen

Bormolen Member

Unreal Credits:
    I'm one of those peeps that invested into the kickstarter a while back, activated a copy for steam, and another for GoG :emoji_grinning:

• Love It! Love It! x 1
  10. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    Nice man! Yeh I was so sad I missed it. Stumbled upon it when it came onto Early Access.

Have you played much of it yet or waiting for more content?

11. Bormolen

Bormolen Member

Unreal Credits:
    nah I haven't touched it's EA, I'm aiming to not spoil any of it until release. downside is my 2 cents doesn't get noticed :/