Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

Custom Games Coming to OW In-House!

Discussion in 'Overwatch' started by FusSionzZ97, Mar 5, 2017.

1. FusSionzZ97

FusSionzZ97 Overwatch Officer
    Division Leader Team Captain

Unreal Credits:
    With one of the most recent updates Overwatch custom games have been somewhat overhauled and can now allow for some crazy rules. Since the traditional 5v5/6v6 we do every Tuesday night is getting a bit stale I plan to have a crazy custom games night for our in-house this Tueday (07/03)(14/03) at 8PM AEDT.

Here's an idea of some of the 'custom' game modes that are out there and i thought of.

Lucio Hunt
    Myself and some other guys came across this in a public game and it was really fun. Basically, there are 6 Lucios vs 3 Reinhardts. Everyone has boosted speed of 250% and the reinhardts are required to kill all the lucios that are zipping around the map. 2 hammer swings, 1 firestrike or 1 charge are required to kill them. Lucios can fight back but do very minuscule damage... They can how ever boop them off the map.
    This is also elimination based, so if you die your out until the next round!

Lucio Racing?
    Lucio's race to the end of payload maps starting from the attackers starting room. Speed is obviously really fast.

Predator by Dartjuk - Video here
    3 Soldiers vs 1 Sombra. Sombra has almost instant cooldowns allowing her to constantly stealth and teleport around her enemy. Healings also disabled.
    I'm sure we could scale and change this up allowing for a balanced 6v3 this looks really cool! check out the video.

1 in the chamber... sorta?
    Everyone is Mei with no abilities, super speed and very low health (so they can be one shotted). If you die your eliminated.

Some other modes that I haven't completely thought out:
    Zombies
    Slow, semi tanky reinhardts (Zombies) take on squishies.
    Hide n Seek
    Defenders hide, attackers seek. Defenders win by waiting out the timer and the seekers have to kill the people hiding. People hiding can be sombra's with max cooldowns.
    Juggernaut
    Some super tanky tank hero vs squishies.
    Hide the turrets by LivelyZebra
    Essentially defenders place symmetra turrets in the first 60 seconds of the round and the attackers have to find them all before the timer ends
    Another symmetra turret gamemode
    Symmetra's place turrets throughout the map while genjis with 1 health are required to reach the end of the map avoiding them all.

Be sure to attend this weeks in-house to try some of these out! :emoji_slight_smile: Since you are not able to save custom game settings (yet). These will require some time to be setup/tweak so bear with me![/U]

#1 FusSionzZ97, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blasty

Blasty New Member

Unreal Credits:
    spoicy

• Like Like x 1
  3. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    nice, with some of the new things on ptr also to disable any ability and melee attacks could do some great stuff later on

• True Story True Story x 1
  4. FusSionzZ97

Unreal Credits:
    I had a look through all the settings you can change and you can disable abilities and ults but no melee options... a melee only game would be very interesting ;)

5. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    they mentioned in a dev blog they looking into adding disable secondary fires and alt fires and ability to disable melle

6. FusSionzZ97

Unreal Credits:
    We'll be doing this again on the 14/03 as we didn't have enough numbers last Tuesday to try anything out :(