Welcome to Unreal Aussies!

We are a community of like minded gamers in the Oceanic region.

We play a wide variety of games and provide a fun, social atmosphere for all our members!

A Go Fund Me.. for some new SSD's?

Discussion in 'ARK: Survival Evolved' started by Azrael, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Azrael

Azrael Member

Unreal Credits:
    Just seeing if there is any interest in the community to pitch together to assist with funds for the purchase of some new SSD's to help these guys out. We benefit from their server(s), to play games we all love, in a supportive community, and from the sound of it, new SSD's it wouldn't just benefit the Ark Players amongst us, as it might relieve some strain on the other servers. Today's Ark server glitch illustrated that Unreal Aussies is doing the best they can do, with the equipment on hand, but they need some help.

I'm not sure how a go fund me campaign works, but how does everyone feel about passing the hat around and setting a goal to assist with their purchase?

Admins, what is the approximate cost of the SSD's likely to be? How much would you need to start the ball rolling? I think SSD's run around the $190 to $300 mark nowadays, dependent upon their capacity.

If we get enough interest or pledges, we should be able to at least foot the bill for an Ark Server SSD? What do you think, anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

I'm willing to start the ball rolling, I can afford to contribute $50 towards the purchase price of an Ark SSD, who else is with me? I'd imagine every little bit would help them and be appreciated.

Can an admin respond to this idea, to let me/us know if this is something you'd be interested in?

2. Nakid

Nakid Intrepidus Dux
    Unreal Officer Streamer

Unreal Credits:
    Hi Azrael,

Thank you for putting so much thought into this :emoji_slight_smile: I've actually just setup a donation addon for the website. You should see a new Donation link at the top of the page which leads to a page with different campaigns. I'm working on getting this to appear on the frontpage and forum listing.

You can see it here: https://www.unrealaussies.com/donations/

We currently have 3 active campaigns:
    • A recurring monthly fundraiser for general costs
    • A website fund which will go towards software licensing, setup and servers
    • A gaming server upgrade which includes 3 SSDs which @Jetleet would like to put in our server
    Please tell me if you have any issues with it, but SeaGrunter has already put a donation through so I'm assuming it is all working as intended.

Thanks,
    Nakid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Azrael

Azrael Member

Unreal Credits:
    Just put my money where my mouth was.. anyone else?.. go on, I dare ya :emoji_slight_smile:

4. sycoinc

sycoinc Administrator
    Unreal Officer

Unreal Credits:
    beat you to it :p but opnly 50% of your dare was completed before you set it lol

5. Chessur

Chessur Ark Officer

Unreal Credits:
    Thats great, I'll donate something next week when Im paid. Building towards a better future right? :emoji_grinning: